Asbury United Methodist Church of Orange Park was originally chartered in 1926 as the Doctor’s Inlet Methodist Church on SR 220. It moved to the present location at the corner of College Drive and Blanding Boulevard in 1962, at which time the name was also changed to Asbury.
Asbury strives to be a community of believers committed to Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, united in the love of God and called to make the Good News of that love real to others through:
- Radical Hospitality – going beyond what is expected to invite, urge and welcome all people to join us in becoming followers of Jesus Christ
- Passionate, Inspiring Worship which glorifies God in Jesus Christ, celebrates his presence, reshapes our lives, empowers our ministries
- Intentional discipleship through small groups, which enables us to grow in our knowledge and love of God and of one another and equips us for ministry in the world
- Caring relationships in which we watch over one another in love
- Risk-taking ministries of witness and service which fulfill Christ’s mission in our community and throughout the world
- Extravagant Generosity which makes all of the above possible through our faithful, joyful and extravagant giving out of our gratitude to God from whom all blessings flow