Job Description: Office Administrator (Part Time)
Asbury United Methodist Church of Orange Park
16 College Dr, Orange Park, FL 32065
Email Resume to: Pastor@AsburyOp.com
The Office Administrator supports the pastor, church staff, committees, ministry teams, and congregation for administrative functions so that our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world can be carried out effectively.
I. Organizational Relationship
A. Reports directly to the pastor.
B. Works closely with pastor and staff members to further the mission of AUMC.
C. Is responsive to and supportive of church administrative teams and ministry teams.
D. Assists members of the congregation as necessary with administrative matters.
II. Overall Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
A. Assists pastor in preparing and mailing correspondence, and assisting with special projects.
B. Answers the phone or ensures that a trained volunteer answers the phone and takes / relays messages. Monitors voicemail. Oversees the operation of the phone system to ensure a professional presence on the telephone at all times.
C. Is responsible for opening and distributing mail.
D. Maintains office supplies as requested or needed.
E. Gathers, edits, prepares information for all worship bulletins; ensures that they are printed, assembled, and made available for worship services. Creates special inserts / flyers as requested for use as invitations to Christmas, Easter, etc.
F. Gathers information for distribution through web page and social media and shares these with appropriate parties.
G. Maintains and updates informational brochures and fliers describing the church and its offerings for various purposes.
H. Prepares and sends email communications to the congregation weekly/ as necessary.
I. Recruits and manages office volunteers.
J. Responsible for maintenance and repair of office equipment.
K. Maintains the church database, including membership lists and counts, lay leadership team, and attendance records. Maintains Vital Statistics and prepares relevant portions of the Statistical Tables annually. Serves as Recording Secretary for Charge Conference.
L. Disburses facility keys as necessary and keeps record of facility keys.
M. Assists with background checks and maintains list of current Children and Youth Protection Policy Training.
N. Maintains church calendar and responds to requests for facility usage in collaboration with the pastor and/or trustee in charge.
O. Assists committees / teams / staff with special projects as requested and as time permits.
P. Alerts trustees and/or custodian of needed repairs or maintenance issues reported to office and follows up to assure work is accomplished.
Q. Works with custodian in planning special cleaning or maintenance needs.
R. Other duties as requested by pastor.
III. Skills, Qualifications, and Other Requirements
- Willingness to represent the values of this congregation of The United Methodist Church.
- Proficiency with office equipment.
- Proficiency with computer, Windows, Word, Publisher, Email, Publisher. Prefer proficiency with Excel.
- Proficiency with database software and worship presentation software, or willingness to learn, such as Church Windows, Media Shout, Propresenter, etc.
- Ability to type accurately, proofread, edit, and prepare correspondence, newsletter articles, bulletin articles, signage, brochures, and other printed materials.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to create a positive, friendly, welcoming, professional and courteous working environment.
- Ability to maintain electronic and paper files in good order.
If interested, please send Resume to Pastor@AsburyOp.com